Updated: Mar 26
MARCH 23, 2023 These Announcements cover the countdown to the March 25 Concert, preparing for our June concert, and contain the IMSLP link to Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9 and the actual parts for Elizabeth Raum’s new work, Kupala Night.
1. MARCH 25 CONCERT STUFF Dress Rehearsal - Friday March 24, 7:00pm. Church of St. Simon and St. Peter the Apostle, 525 Bloor St. East - one block east of the Sherbourne subway station Concert - Saturday March 25, 7:30pm for the audience, 6:30 for musicians, at the Church of St. Simon and St. Peter Concert Dress - all black or black pants/skirt and a white shirt Tickets for pick up at the desk - please put in a clearly marked envelope for the Ticket Desk volunteersTickets can be purchased at the concert - or electronically on our website CCOrchestra.org Ticket money - please deliver to Helen LiMany thanks to the members who are volunteering at the concert, which include several musicians who have not been playing with us for various reasons but want to be part of this special event.
2. PLAYING IN THE PARK ZOOM CALL, MONDAY MARCH 27, 8:00PM Should the CCO continue with the PlP series of outdoor concerts on summer Sunday afternoons? What changes/improvements/additions would you like? Should we continue to feature small ensembles connected to a CCO musician, or even expand that feature? Have your say at the Zoom meeting being hosted by Vice Chair and Programme Committee Chair, Daniel Payne, 8:00pm Monday March 27. (No rehearsal that night.) Zoom invitation: Topic: Playing in the Park Members’ Discussion Join Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/7260921446Meeting ID: 726 092 1446(Any problem with the Zoom connection, please email email@example.com.)
3. REHEARSALS AND MUSIC FOR OUR JUNE 10 CONCERT There is no rehearsal on March 27, but the rehearsals starting on April 3 begin at 7:30pm at St. Barnabas, 361 Bloor East, near the Chester subway station. There are at least two pieces on the programme for our June 10 concert. Each musician is responsible for bringing their own part. The pieces are: (i) Symphony No. 9, Op. 95, Dvorak, Antonin. Here is the IMSLP line:https://imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_No.9%2C_Op.95_(Dvo%C5%99%C3%A1k%2C_Anton%C3%ADn)(ii) the World Premier of a piece the CCO commissioned by Elizabeth Raum, a trumpet concerto, Kupala Night.The individual parts to Kupala Night are attached to these Announcements. CCO Librarian Bob Mitchell will not be bringing individual parts for these pieces to the rehearsals, unless you specifically contact him with a request that he bring one for you and your instrument. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. PARTS FOR KUPALA NIGHTS
Get your parts at https://www.ccorchestra.org/sheet-music
5. THE CCO’S 40th ANNIVERSARY - PLEASE GET INVOLVEDThe CCO is marking its 40th anniversary in 2024, and we are planning a celebratory concert in June. The expectation is that it will be truly celebratory - crowd-pleasing, happy music for sure, but maybe also a larger, showier venue, some special events, more community outreach, larger audience, invitations to former members, commissioned piece, bigger budget, etc. Director David Brownstone will be heading up the Committee, and is looking for a Co-Chair and other volunteers. He is planning a Zoom call in April to solicit ideas from the members. If you want to join the Anniversary Celebration Committee, please email email@example.com. Non-playing members and friends of members are very welcome on this committee. The Zoom call details will be circulated after this week’s concert.
6. IMPORTANT CCO DATES Friday March 24 - Dress Rehearsal, 7:00pm, Church of St. Peter and St. Simon the Apostle, 525 Bloor Street EastSaturday March 25 - “Hello Spring” concert - 7:30pm - Church of St. Peter and St. Simon. Musicians at 6:30. Masks mandatory. Monday March 27 - No Rehearsal. But 8:00pm Zoom call to discuss Playing in the Park. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if any problems connecting to the Zoom.) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7260921446; Meeting ID: 726 092 1446Monday April 3 - Rehearsals resume 7:30pm. St. Barnabas Church, 361 Bloor Street East. Monday April 10 - No Rehearsal. Easter Monday. Monday April 17 - rehearsals resume 7:30pm St. Barnabas Church, on April 17, 24, May 1, 8, and 15. Monday May 22 - No Rehearsal, Victoria Day. May 29 and June 5 - Rehearsals at St. Barnabas 7:30pm Friday June 9 - Dress Rehearsal Saturday June 10 - CCO’s final concert for its 39th season.