Updated: Aug 24
The start of CCO’s summer season is imminent! These Announcements are limited to information about PLAYING IN THE PARK
CCO’s Playing in the Park season begins July 10, and is open to all instruments, strings, winds and brass. This is a free event offered to the community to enhance CCO’s reputation, and hopefully attract new audiences and new musicians, while we enjoy performing outside in the sunshine.
When: Sundays July 10 to August 14, inclusive, 2:00 to 4:00, weather permitting
Where: Allan Gardens Park, in the shade near the playground, south of Jarvis and Carlton
Format: Rehearsal from 2:00 to 3:00; informal concerts from 3:00 to 4:00, featuring soloists or small ensembles of CCO musicians
Sign-Up Form: https://forms.gle/Fy7i3nQ97XfAKPHH6
Come whichever Sundays you can, but please complete the Sign-up Form, including your instrument, so that appropriate music is chosen and brought for that afternoon.
Music: Use this Google spreadsheet to find the music being performed each week. The list includes links to online sheet music from IMSLP. Please print out the music for your instrument and bring it to the performance. Selecting music over the summer will be an ongoing process, so bookmark the page to keep up-to-date with pieces as they are added.
July 10 – cello duets, Daniel Payne and Robert Wu
August 14 – Andrew Chung trumpet concerto, Gemma Donn and Chris Yoshida violin duets.
There will be snacks and drinks for CCO members in the Park following this last concert. Please mark your calendars and come either as a musician or as an audience member.
Other CCO musicians are checking their dates to be Featured Performers. But there is room for you and your playing partner(s). Please use the Sign Up Form or contact any of the Programme Committee (Daniel, Andrew Chung, Helen, Chris, Liz) to express your interest. Play whatever you like, alone or with whomever you choose, in the concert portion.
Musicians need to bring:
· Music stand (no sharing)
· Sunscreen and a hat
· Optional mask
· Clips to hold down music in a wind
· A printed copy of your music if possible
For these outdoor events, the CCO’s Vaccination Policy will be relaxed. In particular:
· Members please self-monitor. Do not attend if you have symptoms, tested positive, or were recently in close contact with a person who has tested positive
· No attendance record will be kept for contact tracing purposes
· Vaccination status will not be checked
· Masks are not required, although they are strongly recommended
· Personal music stands are required and there is no sharing
· Physical distancing of 1 meter will be maintained
· Hand sanitizer and extra masks will be available at the Park.
Link to Playing in the Park 2022 Music Spreadsheet